Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Proud of My Wife...

I know Ashley is going to be embarrassed by this but I wanted to take the time to let people know this: I am really proud of my wife. In honor of her starting school tonight, I wanted people to know how she continues to amaze me.

Ashley is an amazing woman of God who loves Jesus more than me and challenges me to be better. I could not have asked for more of a blessing from God than the opportunity to journey with Ashley by my side through this life.

She's amazed me with her trust to pick up and move with me to Chicago, not only leaving our families behind but our comfort too. Not many women would do this and for her too, not only shows her commitment to Christ, but to me as well.

She's amazed me with her strength to spend many nights here in the big city of Chicago by herself (as I have had to travel) without getting scared, not missing a beat, and not losing sight of our vision and continuing the work of why we're here.

She's amazed me with her endurance to "plant" a church with me and be very active in partnering with me to see this thing through.

She's amazed me with her ambition to get her Master's in ESL (starting classes tonight).

She's amazed me with her sacrifice to go to school, work a full-time job (not just for money but to reach her co-workers), and put up with me. Lord knows that is not very easy at all and is a full-time job as well. I know I am not easy to live with sometimes, as even Selah (our dog) gets tired of me.

I am amazed at her compassion for people, children, and her passion and desire to see people come to a loving relationship with Jesus.

Ashley, I am thankful for you and your desire to see God's kingdom advanced, first in our family, and also to the world.

I. love. you.

No comments:

Post a Comment